- Regulation: OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120
- Duration: 8 Hrs
- CEU: .8
- Number of Lessons: 12
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
HAZWOPER workers face significant risks of injury or even death from exposure to hazardous materials and/or hazardous wastes. To try to mitigate the dangers of these jobs, OSHA has developed the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) regulation. The purpose of the HAZWOPER refresher course is to reiterate safety best practices related to hazardous waste site operations.
The 8-hour HAZWOPER Refresher course course satisfies the OSHA requirements in 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual HAZWOPER refresher training. Workers and managers involved in clean-up operations at hazardous waste sites, who previously completed a 24- or 40-hour HAZWOPER training, are encouraged to take this course. The purpose of the HAZWOPER refresher course is to reiterate safety best practices related to hazardous waste site operations. This fully narrated OSHA HAZWOPER 8-Hour Annual Refresher course is built for success and includes interactions, exercises, and quiz questions intended to help prepare students for the module exams. Students must answer each quiz question and complete each interaction in order to proceed.
As a rule, HAZWOPER training is necessary for employees in one of three specific fields:
- Uncontrolled hazardous waste site operations
- Treatment, storage, and disposal facility (TSDFs) management
- Emergency response
The OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher is intended for workers who need to refresh an existing 24 or 40-hour HAZWOPER certification.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Find the HAZWOPER regulation and the related resources provided by OSHA, recognize the main topics of the HAZWOPER regulation, and list the general training requirements
- Recognize the HAZWOPER 8-hour refresher training requirements, list recent changes in the law that may affect HAZWOPER employees, and apply lessons learned from the mistakes of others to avoid hazardous materials incidents at your workplace
- Identify the components that should be present in your workplace safety and health program as required by the HAZWOPER regulations
- Identify how the employer recognizes hazards through the site characterization and analysis and how the employee identifies hazards on the job
- Identify the different methods of controlling hazards at the workplace
- Identify how to select the appropriate level and type PPE for workplace hazards while recognizing the potential hazards of PPE use
- Identify the air monitoring and medical surveillance requirements for monitoring the hazards faced by workers involved in hazardous waste operations
- Recognize the HAZWOPER rules for decontamination and emergency response
- Recognize the site-specific requirements for a HAZWOPER job site
- Explain the OSHA requirements for exit routes and Emergency Action plans
- Specify the requirements of OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard, describe the use and function of different respirators, and explain the proper methods for Inspecting and maintaining respiratory equipment
- Recognize the physical and health hazards of H2S and identify where exposure is possible
Lesson exams are conducted after the completion of each lesson. Students are required to complete each exam after completing each lesson. This allows students to take the corresponding exam while the information is still fresh. THERE IS NO FINAL EXAM.
Each exam consists of 10 questions randomly selected from a large pool of questions. A score of 70% or better is required to pass each exam. Students who do not pass the exam the first time may retake the exam as many times as necessary in order to pass.
|1||Introduction to HAZWOPER|
|2||HAZWOPER Training Requirements|
|4||Safety & Health Program|
|5||Introduction to industrial Hygiene|
|6||Controlling Workplace Hazards|
|7||Monitoring Hazards & Medical Surveillance|
|10||Spill Prevention & Containment|
|11||Decontamination Rules & Procedures|
|12||H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide)|
This course has these features and more:
- Real-world scenarios and case studies
- Video-based learning
- Easy navigation
- Knowledge Checks
- Objective-based exams
- Help and Support Tools
- Continuing Education Units
- Course Certification
WHY LEARN WITH ADVANCEONLINE SOLUTIONS
Train Anywhere, Anytime
Take our courses entirely online from any computer, tablet or phone. Complete the course from anywhere, anytime
Start and stop as often as you want. You can resume your training right where you took a break. Just be sure to finish in 6 months.
Interactive & Engaging
Our courses include Multi-media lessons with real-world scenarios and case studies. Our courses feature video-based learning with narration.
Money Back Guarantee
If you no longer need to complete your course or you are not satisfied with the training, we will refund your purchase.
Certificate of CompletionDownload or Print a certificate after completing your training.
24/7 SupportOur US-based Customer Care Team will answer your call 24/7.
AdvanceOnline Solutions is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). AdvanceOnline complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, AdvanceOnline is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.