- Regulations: OSHA - 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3)(ii) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(3)(iii)
- Duration: 24 Hrs
- CEU: 2.4
- Number of Lessons: 48
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
We offer an OSHA 24 Hour HAZWOPER course that can be taken entirely online. While the 24 Hour HAZWOPER course provides a thorough overview of the equipment available to HAZWOPER workers, this portion of the course is less detailed than the 40-hour training.
While this course gives students a thorough overview to the equipment that is available to HAZWOPER workers, it does not cover it in the same detail as the 40-hour training, nor does it require any hands-on training.
The objectives of the OSHA 24 Hour HAZWOPER Online course are to meet the Federal OSHA HAZWOPER training requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3)(ii) for general industry and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(3)(iii) for construction. This course is also intended to meet any HAZWOPER training requirements for the EPA and State OSHA regulations.
This OSHA 24-Hour HAZWOPER Online course is intended for workers who are not required to take the full OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training course and are not expected to have hands-on HAZWOPER equipment training.
As a rule, HAZWOPER training is necessary for employees in one of three specific fields:
- Uncontrolled hazardous waste site operations
- Treatment, storage, and disposal facility (TSDFs) management
- Emergency response
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe OSHA and the HAZWOPER Regulation and other laws related to the HAZWOPER worker
- Describe the training requirements for HAZWOPER workers
- Explain the importance of an effective Health and Safety Program
- List the components of an effective Medical Surveillance Program
- Perform site characterization and control by identifying site hazards and implementing steps to minimize these hazards
- Recognize hazardous substances and research their hazards utilizing various reference sources
- Understand basic toxicology principles and how they relate to chemical exposure
- Select and utilize proper personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the HAZWOPER worker
- Understand medical considerations of wearing Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC)
- Understand decontamination methods and the principles of decontamination
- Understand the physical and chemical properties of hazardous substances
- Understand the importance of emergency preparedness
- Demonstrate an awareness of confined spaces
- Understand the OSHA Hazardous Communication Standard
- Perform hazardous substance spill and containment techniques
- Describe various sampling methods and procedures
- Understand the detection and monitoring tools available to the HAZWOPER worker
This fully narrated OSHA HAZWOPER 24-Hour course is built for success and includes interactions, exercises, and quiz questions intended to help prepare students for the module exams. Students must answer each quiz question and complete each interaction in order to proceed.
This course has 6 module exams based upon the first 6 modules. Students are required to complete each exam once they complete all the sections within the corresponding module. The intention is that students take the corresponding exam while the information is still fresh. THERE IS NO FINAL EXAM.
Each exam consists of 10 questions randomly selected from a large pool of questions. A 70% score or better is required to pass each exam. Students who do not pass the exam the first time may retake the exam as many times as necessary in order to pass.
This course consists of 6 modules broken down into 48 sections. Students are required to take each section in sequential order as listed below.
|1||24 Hour HAZWOPER Online|
|2||Module Overview - Legal Issues|
|3||Introduction to OSHA|
|4||Introduction to HAZWOPER|
|7||Safety and Health Program|
|Module 1 Exam|
|9||Module Overview - Toxicology|
|10||Introduction to Toxicology|
|11||The Importance of Dosage|
|12||Types of Toxic Substances|
|14||Factors that Influence Toxicity|
|Module 2 Exam|
|15||Module Overview - Chemical Hazards|
|16||Introduction to Industrial Hygiene|
|17||Introduction to Biological Hazards|
|19||Physical and Chemical Properties|
|20||Introduction to Radiation|
|Module 3 Exam|
|21||Module Overview - Physical Hazards|
|22||Walking and Working Surfaces|
|23||Fall Prevention and Protection|
|25||Introduction to Confined Spaces|
|26||Cold Illnesses and Injuries|
|27||Heat Illnesses and Injuries|
|28||Heat Illness Prevention|
|29||Using the Heat Index|
|30||Other Physical Hazards|
|Module 4 Exam|
|31||Module Overview - Basic PPE Overview|
|32||Introduction to Personal Protective Equipment|
|33||Introduction to Respiratory Protection|
|34||Introduction to Chemical Protective Clothing|
|35||Introduction to Monitoring and Detection|
|36||PPE for the Head, Eyes, Face, and Ears|
|37||PPE for the Hands and Feet|
|Module 5 Exam|
|38||Module Overview - Waste Site Operations|
|39||Site Characterization and Analysis|
|40||Site Control Tactics and Strategy|
|41||Job Hazard Analysis|
|42||Handling Drums and Containers|
|43||Sampling Methods and Procedures|
|44||Managing Chemical Spills|
|45||Introduction to Decontamination|
|47||Understanding Temporary HAZWOPER Worksites|
|48||24 Hour HAZWOPER Summary and Conclusions|
|Module 6 Exam|
This course has these features and more:
- Easy navigation
- Supplementary material
- Links to regulations
- Real-world scenarios
- Objective-based exams
- Continuing Education Units
WHY LEARN WITH ADVANCEONLINE SOLUTIONS
Train Anywhere, Anytime
Take our courses entirely online from any computer, tablet or phone. Complete the course from anywhere, anytime
Start and stop as often as you want. You can resume your training right where you took a break. Just be sure to finish in 6 months.
Interactive & Engaging
Our courses include Multi-media lessons with real-world scenarios and case studies. Our courses feature video-based learning with narration.
Money Back Guarantee
If you no longer need to complete your course or you are not satisfied with the training, we will refund your purchase.
Certificate of CompletionDownload or Print a certificate after completing your training.
24/7 SupportOur US-based Customer Care Team will answer your call 24/7.
AdvanceOnline Solutions is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). AdvanceOnline complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, AdvanceOnline is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.